Monday, August 13, 2018

Angels

So many angels have appeared in my life over the years. Some for a short time, some have stayed forever, but they have all played important roles in my life. The I of today is a result of all their influences and for that I am forever grateful. 

The beauty with angels is they come unannounced, do their thing in silence and step aside. They sometimes come back, though they may not have been acknowledged the first time, just because they are needed in my life again. Sometimes I have reached out to them during my time of need and they were right there to guide me, to reprimand me, to push me forward, to give me solace, to speak the truth, to provide me a shoulder or just to listen. 

Yesterday I spent my time meditating on these angels and giving them my thanks. I wanted to acknowledge them for the support they have given me in dealing with spiritual, emotional, or material issues. Some have been physically beside me, some I have yet to meet personally but am associated with through the world of technology. Some I have lost touch with, some I am in constant communication with and some others are in the periphery where they are easily accessible. 

My family has been my most unrestrained angels. Always wanting what is best for me and always expecting the best from me. They have been by my side even if I have pushed them aside in anger or frustration. They are family and also my best friends. They have made me strive to be a better person every day. Even those who were rude or abusive (am sure almost every family has some of those people) were angels in disguise, for they taught me how not to be. These were the ones who made me empathetic, as I learned first hand what being hurt actually feels like. Empathy, probably by far the most essential essence of the human existence - came because of the angels who made me cry. So, I am grateful to them too - only wish they were blessed with empathy and kindness themselves for they must be hurting deeply to so callously hurt others. 

My friends have been my strongest angels. They are the truth tellers that make me face my worst fears while embracing me so I do not crumble. My luck with friends surpasses all other good fortunes. They are the circle that forms around me and gives me strength when I am down and brings me down to earth when I am flying too high. Some of them have been tied to me like a cord that nothing can tear - non judgmental, expecting nothing in return. Some have wandered away but I will forever remain grateful to them for the part they have played in my life. 

My teachers have been my most blessed angels. They taught me not just from books, rather by demonstrating what being human was really about. I had the best teachers all through life - in schools, life coaches, spiritual teachers, advisers, and counselors. They have all left marks in me that I tap into often, for their teachings are relevant even today. They taught me what perseverance, integrity, honesty, love, compassion, charity and Truth can do for me and how I too can put these qualities forth. They form my base, the ground on which I stand firmly rooted. 

My places of work have always been an assembly line of angels. It is wondrous how much of my success is because of the people I have worked with. When I think of the trajectory of my career I am amazed that despite all my inabilities when I started off, I was able to establish myself as an asset at every job. I have to be grateful to all of the people who held me up and pushed me on and never lost faith in me. Without them by my side I would still be the clerk I started off as. 

Angels bring energy with them. This energy shifts the negative vibes out of my orbit and holds me in an aura of soothing light that makes it possible to see the truth and the good and to distance myself from anger and indifference. The energy makes me stronger, more compassionate, more confident and helps me spread love and joy. Angels come from different walks of life, under varying circumstances - they come as Messengers of the Universe and because they are needed at that exact moment. They are proof that we are all connected by an energy that binds. 

I bow down to each and every one of my Angels. You and I both know who you are. May you all have angels in your lives so you too can be surrounded by and spread out love and joy. You made a difference and I applaud you all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

46 years ago - today.

 Seeing death so closely means never forgetting that moment and the events surrounding it. It is an experience that leaves a hole in the hea...